Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Time to catch up a little!!

This has been such a busy month that I have not found the time to post any updates. Earlier in the month we went to the apple orchard with some friends of ours and the girls had a great time and were so good even though neither of them had a nap! I can remember going to the orchard every fall when I was younger and I want my girls to do the same. They are in awe of all the people and all the cool things to do! The one we went to was in Greenville, which is about half an hour northwest of Grand Rapids. This is not like any orchard I went to when I was a kid! There was so much to do and see, and they had tons of stuff for the kids to play on. I can't wait til next year when Tessa is old enough to enjoy it more! Here are some pictures.




Avery was in charge of picking out our pumpkins. She did a great job! Tessa, as you can see, just wanted to play in the grass mostly.


She actually pulled this wagon all the way out to the truck (300 yds). It was holding all of our pumpkins and other goodies. All told it weighed about 100 pounds. She is definitely a strong girl!!



This showed me just how brave she is......That snake was big! She asked if she could wear it. Silly girl!





Now to halloween. They are going to spend the day with their Gma and Jack and Quent, as we have a wedding to go to on Friday. I am sure their will be plenty of fun to be had. There always is when the three of them get together!

2 comments:

Big Steve said...

How come there are no pictures of you with the snake? It's ok if you're scared, Avery will protect you

Lisa said...

what adorable girlies!!

Jack and Quent were quite impressed with Avery and her snake, they thought that was pretty cool.
Quent asked if it was a boa constrictor!! (from a book that we love lately)
can't wait to see you guys this weekend!